LAST-A-FOAM® R-3312 is a machinable, hydrostatic, pressure-resistant foam that provides buoyancy underwater. The closed-cell structure is engineered to resist penetration by water. Due to its pressure resistance to many fluids and resins, it is also used in resin-transfer molding as a core material. LAST-A-FOAM® R-3312 semi-submersible foam is optimal for shallow to mid-water underwater robotics applications.
This subsea polyurethane foam supports training operations for the International Space Station, providing buoyancy for assembly components in pools that simulate weightlessness.
- Easy to machine, coat, and paint
- Excellent compressive and insulation properties
- Resistant to hydrostatic pressure
- High impact resistance
- Biologically Inert
- Oil, grease, and solvent resistant
- Cost-effective solution
- Does not rot or decay
- Performs in freshwater or saltwater
- Compatible with many types of adhesive